“All students will demonstrate the highest academic, psychosocial, and career skills in order to return to and succeed in a less restrictive environment while preparing to enter college, workforce training program, and achieve their fullest independent abilities.”
- EHA provides a diverse set of learning experiences that will meet the academic and career needs of all students
- EHA provides a systematic network of student supports
- EHA provides a student-centered learning community that promotes leadership, involvement, integrity and respect
Message from Dr. Barnard:
East Hills Academy’s most important goal is the development of a high-quality educational enterprise that will prepare all students for life in a fast changing and complex world. We prescribe to the following philosophy:
- A student is the most important person in our school.
- A student is not an interruption of our work – he or she is the purpose of it.
- A student is not just a statistic – he or she is a flesh and blood human being, with feelings and emotions like ourselves.
- A student is one who comes to us with needs and/or wants. It is our job to fill them.
- A student is deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment that we can provide.
- A student is the life blood of this school. With or without him or her, we would have to close our doors.
The focus of the future would be on service and excellence. Our mission is that all students will demonstrate their highest academic, psycho-social, and career skills in order to return to and succeed in a less restrictive setting while preparing them to enter college and/or a work force training program.
We are pleased to have the opportunity to serve and work with your students. We are committed to working together towards the best interest of our students.
It takes a village to raise a child.