Sweetwater Union High School Board Policy 5131(a) states: Prohibited student conduct includes but is not limited to:
- Behavior that endangers staff, students, or others.
- Behavior that disrupts the orderly classroom or school environment.
- Harassment or bullying of students or staff, including, but not limited to, cyberbullying, intimidation, hazing or initiation activity, extortion, or any other verbal, written, or physical conduct that causes or threatens to cause violence, bodily harm, or substantial disruption, in accordance with the section “Bullying/Cyberbullying” below.
Cyberbullying includes the transmission of communications, posting of harassing messages, direct threats, or other harmful texts, sounds, or images on the Internet, social networking sites, or other digital technologies using a telephone, computer, or any wireless communication device.
Cyberbullying also includes breaking into another person’s electronic account and assuming that person’s identity in order to damage that person’s reputation.
Bullying is when someone keeps doing or saying things to have power over another person. Some of the ways they bully other people are by:
- calling them names,
- saying or writing nasty things about them,
- leaving them out of activities, not talking to them,
- threatening them,
- making them feel uncomfortable or scared,
- taking or damaging their things,
- hitting or kicking them,
- making them do things they don’t want to do…including web-based conversations and “texting” that bring carryover issues to campus.