Congratulations Angel Leal on your scholarship from ScholasTIC. Angel Leal is currently our ASB President. He has been a great leader, role model, mentor, student, and friend. Angel will be graduating this year and will begin taking classes at Southwestern College to become a firefighter. In addition to being a full-time student, Angel holds a part-time job and is a cadet for the San Diego Fire Fighter’s Cadet Program. He has created a presentation to educate his peers about Tourette’s Syndrome and has expanded his presentation to educate Olympian High School Students. Congratulations Angel. We are extremely proud of you!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to our High School Transition Class. They have been working dilengently all year on creating resumes, practicing interview and other soft skills, and learning about post-school opportunities. Their hard work has paid off. As part of their final exam, they participated in a district wide interview workshop. Several members of the district and community interviewed students and graded them on a rubric. This morning, our East Hills Academy students were named the Sweetwater Interview Workshop 2016 Champions. Congratulations Selena Alcantara, Enrique Eloy, Angel Leal, Jonathan Lopez, Jared Smith, Jericho Ronquillo, and their teacher Mrs. Kiepler and staff Ms. Vazques and Mr. Vasquez. We are proud of you!
Please take the time to review the following power points regarding our District Local Control Accountability Plan Goals 1 and 2 and give us your feedback. Power points are in both English and Spanish.
LCAP Goal 1- Spanish
LCAP Goal 1 – English
LCAP Goal 2- Spanish
LCAP Goal 2 – English
LCAP Goal 1 & 2 Feedback Survey
Thank you for your time.
May 16-Reuben H. Fleet Science Center Field trip 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
May 26-Kayak Trip 9:30-2:30 p.m.
May 27-Senior Breakfast Periods 1-2
June 3-EHA Promotion and Graduation 12-1 p.m.
Please click on the link below to take the Hope, Engagement, and Well Being Survey. Please take your time and be honest. Your feedback is very important to us.
Below is some information regarding the Hope, Engagement, Well Being Survey.
ABOUT THE GALLUP STUDENT POLL
The Web-based survey is administered in the fall of each school year and supplies teachers, administrators, and community leaders with actionable and malleable data. The Gallup Student Poll takes between 10-15 minutes for most students to complete. U.S. schools may participate at no cost.
The 24 core items on the Gallup Student Poll measure and provide actionable data on four dimensions of student success:
- Engagement – the involvement in and enthusiasm for school
- Hope – the ideas and energy students have for the future
- Entrepreneurial Aspiration – the talent and energy necessary to build businesses that survive, thrive and employ others
- Financial/Career Literacy – the information, attitudes and behaviors that students need for healthy participation in the economy
Save the Date!!!
The Sweetwater Union High School District is revisiting its Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP). The purpose of this revisiting is to create a plan that brings greater clarity and focus around the direction of the school board and the superintendent.
During the month of October and into the first week of November, the Sweetwater District will host five community meetings to engage the public in the process and present the goals and objectives of the LCAP.
- Why are we revisiting the LCAP?
- To bring clarity of focus around the direction of new board and superintendent – this is our story of what makes Sweetwater unique, special and a great place for students to learn
- To build upon last spring’s stakeholder engagement using a different approach
- To communicate that we want to hear from all areas of the district as well as all stakeholder groups
- To write the plan in a concise way that is student-centered
- Meetings will be held in trustee areas: 5:30 – 7 pm
- October 28 – Trustee Area 3 (ELH, ELM, ORH, OLH, RDR, EHA) at ORH